Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Stolen Boards -- HELP FIND THEM PLEASE!!!!

Hi Fellow Bloggers:

Over this past weekend, Matt aka Donny Duckbutter organized another trip to San Onofre.  It was a great weekend of surfing with friends and spending time with friends away from the hustle and bustle of LA, except that on Sunday, we had a rude awakening while packing up.. FIVE boards were stolen from us, right on the military base of Camp Pendleton.  Here is a list of the boards stolen:

1.  A 5'10" Yellow Zamora Quad Fish 

2. Brand new 6'0" DEV motor boad round pin tail. The 6'0" DEV was a custom epoxy board shape for "Ricky."

3.  Brand new 8'0" Becker with some red on the rails

4. 6'2" Channel Islands Flyer

5. 5'10" Quad Entrophy Fish W/bambo deck & a light green bottom. 

We have put an RSS feed up on craigslist to track any of the above key words.  If any of you bloggers have found anything in your local surf shop, please let us know!!  

We will never make the mistake of having our boards out, unattended, even on the military base.  It's a horrible thorn on our sides to know that someone that was on the military base would do such a heartless and shameful act, but it is what it is.  

Mahalos!!!

8 comments:

  1. unbelievable... This totally sucks! Like you I would not have worried about leaving my boards unattended... Sorry that your week-end ended like this. I'll keep an eye on local surfshop but you should post some pictures if you have some. It is easier to visualize/remember if we have a visual support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed, un-fucking-beleivable. slowly getting pictures of the boards that were stolen up! maybe you can re-post on your blog too, since you have a bigger following than me!!

      Delete
    2. None of my blog followers are located in California :(
      I was about to suggest Michelle as a better way to reach more local people. What I can do is drop a flyer in all the surf shops around: you will have to put all the pictures and descriptions on one page for me to print out though.

      Delete
    3. Surf Mama, that would be SO HELPFUL!! thank you for your offer!! I am currently trying to get a photo of ALL of the surfboards. I will make a flyer, and I will get them to you asap!!! thank you so much for your help and support!!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm reposting this on my blog... On the Blackies Crew page.. On Wahinie Kai page and my FB page!!!
    This just pisses me off!! Not just the fact it was on a marine base.. But also possibly a fellow surfer would do this :-(...
    Karma is a Bitch!! I hope they get thiers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!!!! they will get theirs. they have no idea who they are messing with!! don't fuck with our boards!!!!

      Delete
  3. Jeebus KK. I feel terrible for you guys, and hope you get some joy from the board search.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh, i knoooow. i'm trying to stay positive these boards will come through though!

      Delete