Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 4th Slop 070413


Surf Report: 1-3 feet
Water: Cool
Atmosphere: Gloomy
Winds: Null

It’s been over a week since I’ve surfed this session, but I haven’t written about it… so here it goes.  It’s 3 AM and I can’t sleep, so might as well have some night owl fun on the computer.

I remember this July 4th session as nothing spectacular.  Cheryl came out early, and I was stoked to see her.  Matt was out on Rick’s Zippy fish.  The water was cool, but too warm for a full 3/2 wetsuit. 

Matt and Cheryl saw me stretch right in front of them, but I went north towards the brick house to paddle out.  When we finally see each other in the water, Matt questioned why I went that way.  “I thought you saw us!” he said.  NOPE!

Cheryl got her cardio going this day by going back to her car to feed the meter, then forgetting her keys, walking back, finding her keys still in tact, and then finally calling it a day.  She put in money but wasted it by forgetting her keys. 

Matt and I switch Zippy fishes, but the surf just wasn’t cooperating.  It was just terrible.  But at the same time, seeing their faces made the session so much sweeter. 

I biked down to the Promenade this day to say hi to Khang and Dais.  I buy a spring suit from Quiksilver, and continue my journey down to the Venice circus, where I see a grom from Switzerland tear it up at the skate park. 

It was a quiet July 4th this year… I didn’t even go out.  Instead, I stayed home with my parents and watched fireworks on the TV.  I had to go work the next day, but I wanted to surf, so I kept it conservative that night.

Mahalos Mother Ocean!!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the quiet 4th of July's are the best. ... We have been leaning more towards them ourselves:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yea it was kinda nice, but at the same time, i wish i saw some live fireworks

      Delete