Friday, January 2, 2015

KKs Vacay - A Different Kine Hawaii 123014

Surf Report:???
Water: Warm
Atmosphere: Cloudy
Winds: Offshore

I've visited Hawaii many times in the last five or six years... and I've scored on surf every single time, pretty much every single day. This trip, however, has been far from that...

I arrived on Tuesday, December 30th, 2014. The trip itself was pretty last minute, so I didn't have anything really planned. I always say, the best plan is no plan at all. Well, perhaps I should have planned some stuff.

First of all, when I arrived, it was raining. Upon arrival, I started smiling though. I was in Hawaii. I was here, finally, on my vacation, to hang out, chill, and have a good surf.

My car rental.... I didn't make the effort to make a reservation this time, and it proved to be detrimental. "It works out to be about.. $100 a day," said the girl at Enterprise.

"What?"

"$100." She flips the screen towards me. "That's the best deal we have right now. It's the holidays, and everyone is traveling here."

"I'm good on that," I told her. "I'll call my boys, and they'll pick me up."

Francis, who had finished a great session at Chun's on the North Shore, offered to pick me up once I landed. I called him, and within twenty minutes, he arrived to pick me up. By then, it was pouring cats and dogs. I ran to his truck, threw in my backpack, ukulele, and cronuts. I get my surfboards hoisted into his truck, and off we went.

"Here," says Francis. "Eat this, I just got it."

It's star fruit. I bite into it, and juices gush all over my face like a black man with a ten inch cock. I panic, wiping down Francis's car interior, laughing with him.

We catch up in the pouring rain, down the H1 highway, all the way through to Diamondhead. The Dojo... getting closer to it makes me smile. We arrive, and my surfboard bag is drenched. Luckily, it is water proof.

So, I unpack some of my stuff, and get settled in. Kev, one of the other Dojo members, and Francis munch on the cronuts. We shoot the shit, and knock back some beers. The rain continues to pour down, and surfing is the last thing on my mind.

There's a girl, Maya, who is staying in Alex's room. Truthfully, it's MY ROOM, but Alex let her stay in it temporarily. She has all of her stuff sprawled out, and it sure feels like she is making herself at home.

Shizzles has moved out since last year, and Dee Roy has taken over his room.

Kev, Francis and I go to Alicia's in Town, and pick up some "snacks." Kev buys two pounds of roasted pork with rice, I pick up one and a half pounds of poke, and Francis picks up a case of Bud Light.

The Roasted Pork!! Holy shit... That is the best roasted pork I have ever had. Crispy, great chinese spices on the skin, juicy as hell meat, and good fat content on the pig. I can't believe how good it is.

The poke was phenomenal, just as I remember from my past trip.

That night, the Dojo boys convince me to go out to a club. "Cmon, you're on VACAY!! It's your first night in Hawaii. Come out with us," Dee Roy implores

"If you don't wear your beanie and sweatshirt, I'll go out," I tell Dee Roy.

"Fine," he says and throws his beanie off. Mind you, it's 60 something over here in Hawaii. Pretty much record lows for the year.

"Shit, ok, I'll go out with you guys," I say. We start taking some shot of Kirkland Tequila, hail a cab, and head out. It is Dee Roy, Kev, Ivan, Leo, and myself. 

We dance the night away, drinking and spitting game at girls. It was an interesting dynamic at the club... every girl and boy was looking to hook up. There were tons of drunk people making out, and on one occasion, there was a girl I danced with that made out with every boy she danced with, not including me though. Something told me to stay away from this slut. She made out with at least five guys while she was on the dance floor. During dancing, a girl tells me, "I want you to stab me from behind." I tell her lets get out of here, and as I lead her through the crowd, I reach for her hand, and look back, and she has vanished into thin air... Oh well.

I continue dancing the night away, until 230 AM. I have been up since 230 AM Hawaii Time (430 AM PST) and so I've been up for 24 hours. I am dead tired. We are outside the club, and the boys want to go back in. By this time, a lot of girls have left, and I don't think there is much more potential to have fun. I say fuck that, see y'all later, and hail a cab. I head home, I knock the fuck out and end my first day of Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment