Monday, July 13, 2015

Do We Even Surf, Bruh? 070315

Surf Report: 1-2 feet dribblers
Water: Cool
Atmosphere: Over cast
Winds: On shore

I haven't written in a while. No excuses, I haven't made time for my writing. So, here we go again...!

I started the day off with physical therapy at Patty Brown PT. Carlo worked on my shoulders and I did my work outs until 930 AM. After ice and electronic stimulation, I headed down to 26th Street. Matt and Bri were headed to San Onofre on Sunday, so I figured I should try to surf as much as I could in the meantime and then I can join them on Sunday.

The surf was... miserable. I watched the waves for a good half an hour and I went back to my car and headed back home. I could not bring myself to surf that junk. It just was not appealing at all.

I stopped by Matt and Bri's house, and they were marinating. It was a rare day off for me on a Friday, so I lounged and watched Dane Reynolds clips and old Lakers footage as Matt made me a coffee and veggie smoothie. We talked on how disappointing surf has been, which contributes to why I haven't been writing too.

"Are we really surfers?" I asked him.

"I knowwwww right? It doesn't even feel like we surf anymore. We haven't had any good swell come our way." He replied. "So Bri and I are planning to go to San O tomorrow. We will give you a recon report and maybe you can head down to San O on Sunday."

"Okay, lemme know how the surf is," I replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment