Sunday, November 2, 2014

Friends We Call Family 102514

Surf Report: 2-3 foot mush, occ. 4
Water: Warm
Winds: On shore
Atmosphere: cloudy patches but overall sunny

This day was a day to forget.

Only that I surfed with my friends.

Because of the contest, 26th Street was packed. I didn't even look past as I drove by. I told Matt about a parking spot I always parked at, and that we should meet there instead of fighting for parking at El Porto.

He politely obliges.

I see him in the parking lot, and we both hug. Bri and I hug too, exchanging our good mornings. A girl next to us pulls up in a Jeep tattered with surf stickers. Matt and I are riding our respective fish boards today, while Bri is on her NSP.

Seriously, it's a shitty day. It's completely average day of shitty surf in the South Bay. But, it's not as crowded, and I got my friends with me! That is all that matters to me. Me and my friends, and some shitty ass waves.

I see South African goofy foot in the water too. He's ripping apart the place on his forehand. He must weight 120 lbs in his small frame, but he can sure whip the surfboard around with ease. He's with another guy, and a girl. Two dicks and a bitch, just like us. Except we're much better looking.

Matt is first to draw blood. He gets a long ride on his fish... Damn, probably the best ride of the day.

I catch a left that opens up for me. I cutback, pump, pump, and cutback once more. I get the wave almost all the way to shore. I've been getting better at my backside pumps and my backside carves are still more powerful than my frontside carves.

Matt snakes Bri and catches a two turn right. I laugh.

Then, Bri snakes Matt and catches a loooooong right to shore. Payback!!

I laugh out loud even more.

We have a small space carved out for ourselves.

Down further south, the other pack's girl catches a long right. She pumps smoothly and does some turns.

"Damn she makes me look like shit!" says Bri.

"She does! Step yo game up!" I tell her. 

We see Don walk past us and paddle out further south, towards 26th Street.

"Maybe I can convince Matt to go to Mandy's for breakfast today..." says Bri, with a conniving smile.

The high tide really starts to fill in, and all the waves are mushing up to nothing. As I put it, "There's more tide than a laundry mat."

A girl paddles out on an Iranian flag surfboard. Her boyfriend is a good surfer, but she is just floundering around. She has a nice Rip Curl booty shortie, and so I compliment her. It helps to have Bri in the water as your crew so I'm not just creepy guy #1348790 complimenting a girl on her sexy wetsuit. More girls start to paddle out in our spot, including a girl wearing a blue bikini bottom.

Unfortunately, the surf has already gone to shit, and we are looking for our "next one." We all catch our respective next ones, and head back to the parking lot.

We end up at Mandy's for a breakfast pow wow. We are all happy we got to surf together. Our DRC may just be us three at the moment, but hey, it's enough sometimes. I don't need a lot of friends, just a few close ones that I can call family.

I look good in a tux if I didn't make a face
This day was also my boss's daughter's wedding. My boss, if you don't know by now, is my Egyptian father. He has had my back since day one, and I have his back until one of us dies. There isn't anything he wouldn't do for me, and vice versa. I love him, and I am eternally grateful to have ever met him. So when his daughter was going to get married, I made sure that he didn't have to worry much about work and could focus on the wedding. He had guests from Dubai, Turkey, Germany, Egypt, Canada, and even as far as Malibu coming in for the wedding.

The Cathedral - I swear, this is in DTLA!!

The Bride and Groom ride in a Rolls while everyone else is in a limo

The Wedding Cake - WOW



MS. TURKEY - WOW

Belly Dancers. meh. jk

Camelia and me

The wedding was gorgeous, with a beautiful ceremony and a breath-taking reception. It will be the fanciest and classiest wedding I have ever attended. It wasn't ostentatious or obnoxious at all. It was just perfect.

And yes, I tore up the dance floor. 

Mahalos Mother Ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment