Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Right Board 111614

Surf Report: 2-3 feet with the occasional 4
Water: Cooler
Winds: Offshore (Santa Ana's!! Weee~)
Atmosphere: Sunny

Playing with my memory bank here... should have written this post a while ago. Anyways, I remember meeting up with Matt this surf sesh. He said he would be with the WHC near Rosecrans, so I was kinda bummed I wouldn't see him.

As I paddled out from 30th Street Tower, I see Gary aka Balls Deep Castro shredding a left. He takes it all the way in, and waves back to the line up.

I see Matt, and we say hi to each other.

He's on his JS today. Every board is out of commission.

"I can't believe I used to surf this thing," he motions at his board. "It's so long but skinny. It doesn't make any sense for today."

I can tell he's having difficulty with the higher tide mushing out the wave. I trade boards with him.

He catches a few waves, even getting a snap or two. He switches back for me.

Overall, I had a lot of fun surfing with Matt this day. My board was working great, which is the least I can say about Matt's JS.

Another reason we have multiple boards for different situations!

This day, we played our arch rivals, the Venice Lakers. They've beaten all but one time, but they are fearful of us. We had a great start, a mediocre end to the second half, and a so-so 2nd half. They wanted the rebound more than us, and they got the Win. Well, FAIL HARDER kids. FAIL. HARDER. 

Mahalos Mother Ocean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment