Thursday, November 13, 2014

Small Daze 110814



Surf Report: 1-2 feet
Water: Cool
Atmosphere: Patchy clouds
Winds: Offshore

A small, small day in the South Bay. Couldn't travel since I had a lunch date with an old friend of mine, Susan.


Surf wasn't memorable at all, but it was nice to be out.

After our lunch, I headed out to The Getty Center to gain some inspiration.

The Sunset at The Getty
I started painting a few weeks ago, and wanted to see how the Masters really did it. There is a Peter Paul Rubens exhibit going on, and that was cool. But my main focus was on one of my favorite artists, Vincent Van Gogh. Just see his technique using a palette knife on canvas is amazing.

Usually, you start with light colors and then apply darker colors. However, he did the opposite on many paintings. Just goes to show that you have to break convention when expressing yourself.

So, here is something I painted. Still working on it as we speak. 

The Green Room I
Mahalos Mother Ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment